My photography gear with Caroline Jensen
1. Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit High Capacity Desk Station Treadmill: This thing keeps me sane. Walking all day helps to beat the winter blues and also is kinda nice for the rest of me. 🙂 I have back and neck issues, so this keeps my neck from hurting, while also keeping my behind from spreading. It is a win-win. 😀 I can do almost anything on this desk, except detailed painting, which I do curled up on the sofa to do with my Wacom and laptop.
2. Verilux HappyLight Liberty 7.5K Energy Lamp: This too makes me a little less grumpy when walking for miles and miles on the walking desk.
3. 27” iMac
4. Three 3TB Western Digital EHDs (not shown): Back up on back up on back ups! I also use Crash Plan.
5. 13 in Macbook Pro Retina (not shown): This is my ‘floater’ computer. I use this one for travel, fun, shopping, and occasionally editing.
This is my workhorse camera! I am endlessly amazed at the low light capabilities and ease of use. It is tiny and powerful.
7. Abie Strap: I was so excited to find a strap in all my favorite colors….olive, mustard, and burnt orange.
8. Warm Cards by Vortex Media
9. Spyder 4
10. My old and beat up iPhone 5s
12. Lensbaby Circular Fisheye: This is a one stop shop for fun! I love this lens for those times I am feeling uninspired. It is sure to make you smile!
13. Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Wide Angle Zoom Lens: Wicked sharp and super wide….this is my go-to landscape lens.
14. Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Full-frame E-mount Prime Lens: This lens produces the most amazing 3D images! It is also wicked sharp and the colors render beautifully.
15. Vintage Canon ‘Dream Lens’: You will have to hunt to find one of these! This pristine model was pried out of the hands of some very nice camera gurus at The National Camera Exchange in Golden Valley, MN.
16. Lensbaby Composer Pro and all optics + macro converters: Words cannot describe how much I love all of these lenses! I use something from this kit nearly everyday.
17. Sony Qx100 Lens Style Camera: This fun lens is also a camera. It connects to my iPhone so I can make higher quality images anywhere.
18. Sony a6000: This is the “husband and kid” camera. It is blazing fast and super easy to use. I often pair it with the 35mm or the 55mm.
19. Sony a7r: Need high quality files suitable for massive prints? This is your camera. I use this one whenever I know I will need to crop or print very large.
22. I need great support when carrying my gear and my Sedona 51 Camera Backpack serves my needs beautifully! I have been known to carry all my gear, the contents of my purse, and three changes of clothing in my camera bag to save time at the bag carousel, and yet this bag is also amazing for a long hike on rough terrain.
23. Sony rx100III (not shown—I forgot to take it out of the bag.): This little camera is amazing and it is our ‘car camera.’ It lives in my purse or on my husband’s belt. It has great image quality and some really fun features that make a hot commodity in our home. The kids even reach for this camera when we are not looking!
5 things you may not know about me:
- I live on century farm near the place where Laura Ingalls Wilder lived as a child.
- I have moved 38 times in my life.
- I have an obscene amount of loose tea and the Teavanna workers know me by name.
- I saw my husband in person exactly twice before we got engaged.
- My husband sold his motorcycle so I could buy my first camera.