My photography gear with Lisa Harrison
Last week when I knew my “Peek Inside” was looming, I figured it was time to do some things I’d been putting off. I’ve been without curtains for 2 years. So I hung some sheers. I’m in love with the soft diffused light I’m getting in here now. I also got all my cords under wraps. I was so sick of looking at them hanging in front of my desk. It was an easy project and I have no idea why I put it off for so long. You’ll need a power drill, a hole saw, a grommet and a little muscle. As for the empty walls, I have a photo wall all mapped out and the standouts are sitting in my ProDPI shopping cart as I type. Baby steps.
My almost 3 year old black lab, Lucy, has a bed right next to my desk. You can see it under the chair. If I’m in there, she’s in there. She keeps me company, and distracts me, while I work.
I have a 27” iMac. I have always worked on a PC but purchased my first Mac in 2012 and I have no regrets. I work with a Wacom Intuos tablet. I have the large. I seriously could not imagine editing without it. I have a Lexar USB 3.0 card reader on my desk, as well as my MacBook Pro. On a shelf under my desk, I have 4 external hard drives and a 6 port USB hub.
I have a Pelican Case to store my gear but, in all honesty, it usually sits on the bookshelves next to my desk. This way it’s readily available when I need to grab it. My camera bags sit there as well. I don’t keep a bag packed. I pack for the occasion. I have the Kelly Moore 2 Sues bag in mustard and raspberry. And the Schoolgirl by Ketti.
2. Canon 100-400L f/5.6: Much lighter than the 70-200mm with extra reach. I use this one for sports.
8. Canon 135L (not pictured as I used it to take these photos): This is my absolute favorite lens. It’s lightweight, sharp, fast and the subject and background separation is amazing. It recently bounced off the garage floor while attached to my Mark III and both are still operating in tip top shape.
10. Canon 5D Mark III with battery grip
11. Lensbaby Composer Pro: I love my Lensbaby and the optics. It really does “make the ordinary extraordinary”.
12. Edge 80 Optic
13. Sweet 35 Optic
14. Sweet 50 Optic
15. Macro Converters
16. Macro Filters
17. Canon AE-1 Program: I bought this last year off eBay. This spring I finally shot my first roll of film. I enjoyed slowing down before pressing the shutter. I can’t wait to shoot more.
18. Canon 580EX II
19. Sekonic L350 Light Meter: I mainly use this in my studio or when shooting film. 20. Expodisk Neutral- I much prefer to use kelvin in camera to set my white balance.
Not pictured are multiple CF cards, batteries, chargers, reflectors, Manfrotto Tripod w/ ball head,
Twin1 RS-RC Wire & Wireless Remote, Canon Remote Switch, Black Rapid RS-7 Camera strap (I don’t use a camera strap but when I have to, I use this), Pelican Case Large and tons of studio equipment, including AlienBees, Modifiers, Pocket Wizards, light stands, backdrops and more.
5 things you may not know about me:
- I am not a patient person.
- I’m a night owl. And an early riser. But I’m not a morning person.
- Bermuda is one of my favorite places.
- Meal planning and grocery shopping stress me out. But I love to cook.
- I love coffee. I start looking forward to it when I go to bed at night.