My photography gear with Allison McSorley
1. Nikon D700: My one and only camera body, unless I count the D40 that I dusted off for this shot.
2. Nikon 85mm 1.4G: I don’t use this lens often but when I do, I’m never disappointed with the results. It creates images with gorgeous color and clarity SOOC.
3. Nikon 28mm 1.8G: A wide angle lens is a “must have” in my tiny city apartment.
4. Nikon 50mm 1.4G: My first, and still my favorite, lens purchase. I use this portrait lens 90% of the time.
5. Lowepro Slingshot: I use this cross-body backpack style camera bag when I take my camera into the city. It’s comfortable, secure and roomy enough for my camera body, a couple lenses and several personal items like my phone, wallet and sunglasses.
6. Ketti camera bag in Chevron: I love that this bag is pretty enough to be a purse but also versatile and sturdy enough to carry my camera.
7. Manfrotto Tripod and Manfrotto compact ball head: I love this quality tripod for self portrait and low light work.
8. Westcott Ice Light: It looks like a Star Wars light saber but acts like an LED daylight light source. I’ve only just begun scratching the surface of what is possible with this tool but I already love the dramatic shadows that can be achieved by using this light.
9. House and car keys: Never leave home without them.
10. Alzo Digital Remote: Compact, inexpensive and works great.
11. Tiffany & Co. Zip Card Case: This zip card case is the perfect size to fit credit and ID cards as well as some cash when you’re on the go.
12. ExpoDisc: When I’m shooting indoors, I white balance using the Kelvin method but outdoors I rely on the precision of the ExpoDisc.
13. Bath & Body Works Summer Vanillas Berry lip gloss
14. Nikon LCD Cover: Sometimes I use this but more often than not, it stays in my bag.
15. iPhone 5
16. Nikon lens pen: With two small kids as my primary subjects, I’m always cleaning dust, dirt and fingerprints off my lenses.
17. Giottos Rocket Air Blaster: I use this nifty little accessory on a regular basis to blow dust off of my lenses and my camera’s sensor.
18. Dum Dums lollipops: I always keep a few of these in my bag to bribe the kids into behaving when we are out and about together.
19. Nikon battery charger
20. 27” iMac: I just upgraded from the 21” iMac earlier this year and the larger screen makes all the difference while editing.
21. Photos of my kids
Five Random Things About Me
- I am a south paw. I do everything with my left hand, except cutting with scissors.
- My husband and I met on match.com just a little over a decade ago! We are one of the success stories!
- My daughter was born three days before Christmas. Best Christmas gift ever!
- I was born and raised not far from Boston, Massachusetts, and have been a die-hard Red Sox fan ever since I was little. I never thought I’d live to see them win a World Series until that amazing 2004 season. You can imagine how popular I am wearing my Red Sox hat on the streets of Brooklyn, New York, where I currently live.
- I get very seasick. It doesn’t matter if it’s a rowboat or a cruise ship. The most ironic part is that my husband grew up on boats and has made his living working on the water as a member of the U.S. Coast Guard. I met his parents for the first time on their sailboat, and I spent the entire trip getting sick over the side of the boat. Nothing like making a first impression!