1. Ketti camera bag – I’ve always wanted a Ketti bag, and when Clickin Moms came out with their very own version in colors that go well with my wardrobe, I had to have it.
2. Kelly Moore camera bag – Okay, I admit it, I have a bit of a problem with having too many bags in general, so one camera bag just wouldn’t do. I also have a Kelly Moore Hobo bag in gray.
3. Nikon D40 – I really only use this when I want a camera that is small and light such as on vacation.
4. Next up, my mainstay, the Nikon D700. I love the low light capabilities and the full-frame goodness.
5. When I am feeling like a change I have a Nikon F100 film camera. I don’t think they are still being made, but you can find them used at a great price.
6. Nikon 35mm 1.4G
7. Nikon 50mm 1.4G
8. Nikon 85mm 1.4
9. Nikon 105mm Micro
10. Nikon 135mm f2 DC
Not pictured: Lensbaby Composer Pro and Sweet 35 Optic (it was hiding in my camera bag) and the zoom I used to take the lens picture.
11. Lens Pen – I have a couple and love them.
12. Always need a few extra cards.
13. Bandaids. With my own kids, you never know when you might need one. I also usually have wipes and hand sanitizer.
14. I admit that I don’t think I’ve ever given a client a Smartie, but I almost always have them. I do use lots of stickers and bubbles on shoots though but those didn’t make the photo.
15. WhiBal card
16. Ballpoint Pen.
17. Nikon SB-600 – For me this is a rarely used piece of equipment, but when I need it I’m glad to have it.
18. Remote Trigger – I don’t usually bring this along, but it’s nice for when I want to get into the photo. Only half is pictured.
I used to have my desk tucked in the back corner of the house, but found it really hard to get anything done. One day I decided to move my desk right to the middle of the action in our front room. Even though it’s not very quiet, overall I love the new location. It’s nice to be able to sneak in a few minutes of work between the homeschooling and driving around.
1. An evolving wall display. I hope to cover the whole wall someday. It has a mix of frames and canvas.
2. My set up. I have a 15” MacBook Pro and a 27” external monitor. I also have an external hard drive and card reader. The family computer is right next to mine, except when I need the extra desk space.
3. This is my bookcase that holds most of the business paperwork, newborn hats, etc. as well as my camera gear.
4. This is a 30×40” canvas that fills the space I never knew what to do with before I decided to get something big!