First up… The Cameras
1. Nikon D800 (my newest addition): This baby is about a month old now. I purchased it refurbished and the video on it is fantastic. I still need to pick up some larger memory cards because the files are much too large for my small CF 4gb cards.
2. Nikon F100 (Film Camera) I bought this used last winter and I still haven’t run a whole roll of film through it… Need to get on that!
3. Gordy’s Camera Strap: I have two of these. One on my D700 and one of my D800 and I’m planning on purchasing another for my F100. This strap is fantastic, simple, and doesn’t get in the way! I’m a wrist strap kind of girl!
Not Pictured: Nikon D700 (used to take the picture) My first love. I still use this camera regularly even though it’s technically now my back-up.
Next up is….. Lenses! I label the caps with my label maker… and I’m not ashamed to admit it!
1. Nikon 135mm f/2.0 AF-D: A beautiful lens, great bokeh… but it sits in my bag most of the time. I like to be closer to my subjects and shoot a larger scene. I’m still waiting to fall head over heels for this lens!
2. Sigma 35mm f/1.4: This lens is super sharp and great indoors and in cramped areas. I can shoot wide open and in low light with ease. I like this lens, but don’t often find it on my camera, it’s just a touch too wide for my liking.
3. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro Lens: I use this lens for every single newborn session and to play around with macro work. I love to get tiny baby parts, especially.
4. Nikon 85mm f/1.8D: This lens is my go-to lens for outdoors. I love that I can be close, but not too close to my subjects. This is on my camera for about 95% of my outdoor shooting.
5. Nikon 50mm f/1.4D: If I could only have one lens this is probably the one I would keep. I find it most versatile. I can use it indoors, for newborns, outdoors, low light… It’s the lens that sits on my camera while waiting for everyday moments!
6. Lensbaby Composer Pro with the Sweet 35: The Lensbaby and I aren’t currently on speaking terms. I haven’t yet fallen in love and I’m not totally sure I can or will… it’s that guy that you really want to love but he’s just too much in the “friends” category. There’s definitely a girl out there for him (or in this case, many!). However, I just don’t think that girl is me!
Not Pictured: Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8: This lens was on the camera! I love how the 24-70 gives me a wide range of focal lengths and a decently wide open aperture. This lens is not my sharpest but I often find it on my camera, especially when working with young children because I can switch things up quickly without fiddling with lens changes. It’s also great for families indoors and documenting. When I use video on my D800 this is my favorite lens to work with.
Flash and Off Camera Flash Essentials- Forgive the cellphone image…
1. SB-600 Flash
2. Radio Popper Receiver
3. Radio Popper Transmitter
Not Pictured: Alien Bee 400, Westcott 50×50 Softbox, 42 inch umbrella
Oh, and all the little goodies I carry around… I’ll go through these quickly.
1. A dog toy to get kiddos to look at me
2. Rechargeable Battery for my D700
3. Rechargeable Batteries for my Radio Poppers
4. Rechargeable Eneloop batteries for my SB-600
5. Lenspet to get kiddos to look at me
7. Rechargeable battery for my D800
8. Microfiber lens cloth
9. My clutch with money, etc.
10. CF card holder
11. Battery Grip which hasn’t been used in a few years
12. Hand sanitizer for newborn sessions
13. Giottos Rocket Blower
14. A Christmas Bell to get kiddos to look at me
And now… where the magic happens… My newly renovated dual office. The right side is supposed to be my husband’s but there’s often a kiddo there joining me.
A close-up of my desk:
2. Clickin Moms mug!
3. A “Bullet” Inspired Journal to keep me on task.
4. All of my copies of Click Magazine.
A close-up of my wrapping table for orders:
1. Hot glue gun used for my wax seal on envelopes, stickers with my logo from ProlabExpress, Thank You Cards and Envelopes, Scissors
2. A wood branch cut into small round squares for pretty packaging, Thank You Stamp, Tape, Twine, Wax Press Seal, Stamp Pad, Bags for Gifts
Thanks for reading… and now I feel like a hoarder!