2. Canon 35 1.4L – Sara Seeton convinced me to get this lens when I needed an indoor lens for the wintertime here in New Jersey. With such cold winters, we never venture outside for photos so this lens has not left my camera since it’s perfect for tight spaces and grabbing snapshots of my kids.
3. Canon 85 1.2L – My absolute favorite summer lens for the dreamy bokeh + amazingly vibrant images. I use this exclusively since purchasing it this past summer for smaller family portraits on the beach.
4. Canon 100 Macro – This lens seldom is brought to sessions except for newborns + weddings. I use it exclusively for macro shots but I feel like it’s a must have alternative lens … I debated getting the L-version but since it’s seldom used, I could not justify the price.
5. Canon 24-70 2.8L – This was my faithful lens since I upgraded to the MKII + went to L-lenses. But once I discovered the color + clarity of prime lenses and the versatility of my 70-200, it all but was forgotten.
6. Canon 70-200 2.8L IS USM – For months, I hated the bulk + weight of this lens but I was forced to use it at a wedding and fell in love. Since then, I use it for large families + weddings and cannot believe I didn’t give it more of a chance. I still get tack sharp images + the color rivals my primes.
7. Canon 5d + 50 1.4 – This is my backup camera + everyday beach lens. I use this as my backup camera for weddings + when I forget to charge my MKII’s battery and need an immediate camera. The lens is just something I rarely use but cannot bring myself to sell it. I think the 50 1.2L might be next on my list.
9. Canon Speedlite 580EX II – When I began to take on weddings, I upgraded my Canon 430EX II to this + gained so much. It has even helped me in situations on location when I needed it. I have kept both but only pack the 430 in my backup-backup bag for weddings.
10. SanDisk 16GB Extreme Compact Flash Memory Card – I go back + forth between these and the 8GB cards. I know you stand to lose more with the 16GB should it fail but the convenience of less cards, makes my life easier.
11. Batteries – A must have for my flashes since you never know if + when they wil die.
12. Squeaky Noisy Toy – I usually grab the most obnoxious noisy toy that my kids have as I run out the door to a session.
19. Mini Moo Cards – Love passing these every chance I get. Whether it be a mommy group meeting, a person I meet at the bank or a photography convention or tradeshow. It’s easy to carry + the cost is minimal to print!
This is my little niche in my super old house (think 1920). It’s always a work in progress as we try to mesh my husbands love of antiques with my love of all things modern. We purchased a house where the woman left the majority of her antique furniture behind + we’ve been slowly updating many of the rooms.
- my (work in progress) canvas wall
- my huge TV my husband got me
- my large windows that always get light
- my super comfy west elm couch we got on sale at the philly store for about $200
- my black + white checkered old school floor
- my office hand-me-down chair (I’ve been eyeing up a furry PBteen one)
- my antique desk that is too high to comfortably type
- the radiator so close to my workspace – I turned it all but down so the heat won’t affect my computer area + freeze as a result
- the proximity to my daughter’s room who has been known to shout at me through the wall when she should be in bed + knows I’m in there working