- File format: High-res PDF at 300dpi
- Magazine is printed with a 133-line screen
- Ad artwork must not exceed 300% maximum density.
- SWOP standards apply.
- All ad files must be supplied as CMYK – no RBG files will be accepted – this includes any images or 2-, 3-, and 4-color areas in the ad. No ICC/calibrated color spaces allowed.
- Full page ads designed in InDesign or QuarkXpress MUST be created to trim size, with images and color boxes bleeding 1/8″ beyond trim on all sides. Full page ads designed in Photoshop and Illustrator MUST be created to bleed size.
- Picture boxes must have a fill of 0% white or black.
- All images embedded in high-res PDF must be TIFF or EPS – NO JPEG or PICT files.
- Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi.
- All PMS colors must be converted to CMYK.
- All printer and screen fonts must be embedded in high-res pdf.
- All trapping must be checked for correct knock-out and overprinting.
Display Ads – Material Requirements
- All files must be submitted as CMYK
- File Format: High-res PDF – 300dpi
- Color proofs are the responsibility of the advertisers and must be submitted with ad material. All ad material will be kept on file for one year from date of insertion.
Fresh Finds – Products to Love
Choose an image that clearly displays your product. Preferred file formats are:– a PNG file with a product silhouette on a transparent background with no product shadows (preferred)– a JPG file with your product on an all-white background with no product shadows
- No logos will be accepted
- SPEC: (1) image, minimum 5″ x 5″, 300 dpi, PNG file preferred (horizontal or vertical) Email your image, Product name, Company name, web site and 10-20 word description of product to: email@example.com
Samples of all inserts must be set two months prior to issue date for approval to ensure it will meet production specs from printer. If an insert or bound-in media is not provided by the ad material deadline and design incurs additional postage or printing costs, these costs will be passed on to client.