Erin Brant believes that the best moments are found in the messy, chaotic heart of family life. In this Breakout she will show you her entire approach to family photography, from choosing locations and finding/reading light, to nurturing and connecting with your subjects in a way that is authentic, fun and feels natural. She will teach you how to tap into your unique energy and gifts to create an amazing experience for your subjects that will not only result in beautiful photos, but will leave them feeling good about their lives!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• how to evaluate light + location quickly and easily (on the fly!) so you can stay connected with your subjects
• the best composition choices for tricky environments
• how to create an experience-driven photo session that prioritizes play over posing
• ways to use unpredictable, chaotic situations to your advantage
• tips and tricks to keep people engaged and happy while you are photographing them
• a super simple family session game plan that provides the perfect balance of structure and flexibility
• Erin’s heart-centered approach to photography and how her mom superpowers help her win over children and parents
• practical tips to infuse your photography and life with an abundance of love + happiness
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Erin Brant is a lifestyle family photographer who is drawn to moments of happiness and connection. She and her husband are currently raising their 3 energetic boys in San Diego, CA, but she is constantly dreaming up new adventures for them in faraway places. When she isn’t photographing her own wild bunch, you will likely find her potting succulents, starting creative projects she may or may not finish, or daydreaming at the beach. Her work has been featured in some fancy blogs and magazines, but it makes her happiest when she sees it displayed in people’s homes.