Kirsty Larmour is a lifestyle photographer who focuses on telling the stories of the lives of her clients and her own children as she travels the world. She suffers from extreme wanderlust and loves to capture the essence of a place wherever she goes.
In this Breakout she’ll take you through how she looks for great light and compositions no matter who she’s photographing, or where she is, and how she captures emotion and environment to take the viewer right into that moment in time. She’ll share through her thought process in weighing up a scene so that she can be present in these moments, wherever in the world they are. She will guide you through her gear and camera setting choices and how they help her to make intuitive decisions when taking photos. She’ll talk you through how she engages with and encourages her subjects to capture authentic moments and carefree wonder in her images. The sections are broken down into bite sized chunks so that you can slowly work through all the different elements that combine to make compelling and truthful images. Kirsty’s Breakout is full of inspiring imagery from her travels and her client sessions, and she will help you to believe in your own ability to capture the authentic moments in your life anywhere.
In the videos you’ll get a chance to see how Kirsty works as she talks through what she was seeing and doing whilst making photos.
Kirsty’s thought process allows her to literally, photograph on the fly and will help you to do the same. Whether you’re photographing beautiful clients, your kids in your own back yard, your annual family vacation, or globe trotting like Kirsty, she will lead you on a journey to make your own photography become more intuitive, so that you can soak up the moments no matter where YOU are!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to create strong compositions quickly
• When to incorporate elements of the environment into your storytelling
• How to work with light at any time of the day and assess it accurately
• How to capture the essence of a place as you travel
• Learn to recognise opportunities for great photos, whilst also capturing the all important everyday moments
• How to encourage and engage clients or your children in picture taking
• Waiting for the right moment so that your pictures are about what YOU want them to be about
• How to trust yourself and the process so that it becomes intuitive
• How to infuse YOU into your photos no matter where you are
• Staying in the moment and being present so that you enjoy the beautiful moments rather than just observing from behind a camera
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Kirsty Larmour is a British lifestyle photographer based out of Abu Dhabi in the UAE. She is a nomad at heart and can be found documenting both her clients’ lives, and her own family when they are at home in the Middle East and further afield while globe trotting through places from Uzbekistan to Cambodia, and many lands in between. Her photography often involves taking pictures of her own daughters’ backs as they adventure through life (and temples, souks and rice paddies or over sand dunes). Kirsty’s approach to photography is to be present in real life moments and capture them with a little sparkle on top fueled by her obsession with pretty light.