Children grow up so fast! Learn how to document their journey through thoughtful, artistic storytelling. We’ll cover shooting techniques that enhance everyday images, as well as editing techniques that will help those images really stand out. You’ll learn how and when to gently direct your children in order to capture the story YOU want to tell, all while maintaining the authenticity of what’s unfolding before you. We’ll cover concepts like light and composition, proper communication, and other photographic elements that can literally make or break an image. You’ll walk away with a fresh outlook on storytelling, and the tools needed to achieve beautiful, documentary style images that will serve as a visual “memoir” for your children’s early years.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• how to gently direct your children in order to facilitate thoughtful, artistic storytelling, all while maintaining the authenticity of the moment
• how to use the light and space available to you in order to turn your everyday images into art
• what photographic elements to look for when composing an image
• How to make photography fun for everyone (even the kids!)
• how to adjust your expectations and embrace less than perfect moments as a valid part of your child’s growth
• how to let go of perfectionism– let’s redefine the “perfect photo”
• how to edit your everyday images so they really stand out
• how to compile your images in an organized manner so they can be printed and shared for generations to come
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Jennifer Kielich is a natural light lifestyle photographer specializing in creative family and early childhood photography. She is based out of Tampa, FL, where she lives with her husband and their four-year-old twins. She has been working full-time as a professional photographer since early 2013, but her true passion lies at home, where she enjoys photographing all the wonderful, messy, everyday moments with her own family.