There is light within us all, and the light of a child is the most radiant. In this breakout, Tracy Sweeney of Elan Studio takes you on a dazzling journey exploring Littles and Light, showing you how she documents children in all their natural brilliance in outdoor settings to create dreamy images.
Discover how Tracy effortlessly evokes honest emotion from children juxtaposed in a variety of settings, even those that are not always optimal. You’ll learn how to harness natural light in some of the most challenging situations as you work with children. You’ll see how Tracy chooses locations, styles sessions, creates visual stories, interacts and poses children, and edits her images to craft magical, light-filled images her clients cherish. Join Tracy and learn how to create images of littles that really shine.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• how to transform challenging environments into opportunities for magical portraits
• how to manipulate images to create magical and dynamic portraits
• how to choose locations that incite exploration and style sessions to complement location
• how to pose children naturally to design enchanting moments
• how to interact with children to capture natural expressions and emotions
• how to tell stories through imagery
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Tracy Sweeney, owner/photographer of Elan Studio in Bristol, Rhode Island, is an international award winning child, family and commercial photographer whose work has been featured in Click Magazine, Digital SLR Photography Magazine, The UK Daily News, Buy Buy Baby, Babies R’ Us and Target Stores. Tracy loves capturing simple, candid moments, the indelible beauty of new beginnings and life. She is also an educator and published author with a Masters Degree in Education and Doctoral work in Curriculum, Instruction and Technology. Tracy lives and works by the sea with her husband and five children.