Join Jan Tyler as she takes you on the story-filled adventure that is your life. On this journey you will discover the art of capturing your life in a way that tells the unique story of your heart while expressing the essence of your life’s story. Through creative exercises and introspective analysis, you will uncover the secrets of your own heart and the story you want to share. In exploring creative enhancements of your images, you will discover how to meet your vision without sacrificing the authenticity of the moment. You will also be encouraged to push the creative boundaries of your heart as you experiment with various editing techniques to bring your visions to life. Jan will demonstrate how it is possible to create the images your heart envisions as you take an ordinary moment and make it extraordinary. Through thoughtful compositions and use of light, you will be shown how to maximize the gear you have and to create the expressive and emotive images you desire. Simply using the settings and locations nearest you, Jan will encourage you to find inspiration in the beauty around you.
With in-depth before and after videos and an intensive PDF, you will share in the thought processes that go in to Jan’s images as she walks you through her artistic vision from initial capture to finished edit. Through conception and inspiration you will be guided in the process of bringing personal meaning to your own work, and sharing the delightful story of your own heart.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• You will learn how to merge your everyday life story and artistry together to form unique, one of a kind images.
• You will begin to see your immediate world with fresh eyes as you explore a multitude of options for the same locations.
• You will study light and grasp how it can be used to support your story by creating different moods.
• You will practice artistically enhancing your everyday images through simple Lightroom and Photoshop techniques.
• You will learn how to effectively choose the best images from a series to tell your story.
• You will determine how you can put together a strong personal collection of work as your own greatest story.
• You will discover how you can push your current gear to its maximum.
• You will realize that your “limits” can actually inspire your greatest strengths.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Jan Tyler of One Boy Photography is a natural light photographer living outside of Charleston, SC with her husband, son, and dog. Her son is the main subject of her work and the inspiration for her love of light. Jan creates a strong connection between the subject and the viewer by combining a minimalistic photography style with storytelling details. She often uses the Lensbaby Composer Pro Optic Swap System on her Nikon d750 to help isolate and draw the viewer’s attention to her subject, and also enjoys using the editing process to help her tell her stories.