This breakout will give you the stepping stones to capturing childhood as it happens right in front of you. Kyla will show you how to capture the essence of your children (or any children), what it is that engages kids, how she searches for light, and the essential points you need to know to take your photographs of your children to the next level. With a comprehensive shooting and editing video, you’ll go behind the scenes with Kyla for an in-depth look at how she creates beautiful images of her family, start to finish!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to engage your viewers and clients
• What to look for when capturing your own children (or any children)
• How to use light and think outside of the box to turn your photos into artwork
• What key things to look for when shooting your kids and client sessions
• Kyla’s go-to lenses and why she chooses them
• How photography encouraged Kyla as a mother
• How to make images that write a love letter to your children
• How Kyla chooses and edits her images
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Proud wife to Tyler, blessed Mama to Atticus, Sullivan and Pepper. I spend my days trying to take in their smallness, calling my sisters or mom when I’m frustrated, praying I’m better tomorrow, regretting eating too many sweets, and surprised every day at 4pm that I still have to make dinner. I love a good wheat ale beer, entertaining in our home (thank goodness my husband cooks), and chasing sunsets in my minivan full of kids and a camera bag. When I’m not taking pictures I’m charging my camera’s battery and making the most of these long days and short years.