Sonia Bourdon’s approach to photographing people is inspired by connection and light. She’s committed to creating an amazing experience for her clients, from the first email to the images delivery. In this Breakout, she’ll share with you how she finds the best location scenarios for creating beautifully lit images. You’ll get to see how she prepares herself and her clients before a session to strengthen their trust, and ease the whole process of posing during the session.
She’ll give you posing tips to create genuine connection between your subjects and take you behind the scene to discover how she leads a session and interacts with her clients to create authentic images. She’ll also share with you, along with examples, how she overcomes some difficult situations that might arise during a session. You’ll also get to see her complete workflow, and how she delivers the final product.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to build trust with your subjects before, during and after a session
• Recognizing the best location scenarios to capture beautifully lit images
• How to put your subjects at ease and make them feel good during a shoot
• Authentic posing – how to capture natural and genuine expression
• How little posing adjustments can make or break an image
• How to overcome common difficulties that can arise during a session (uncooperative subject, harsh light, bad location, etc.)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Sonia Bourdon is a French Canadian photographer based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She specializes in wedding photography and also extends her activities to family and maternity sessions. She strives to create an amazing experience for the people she photographs while capturing meaningful images that will be cherished for a long time. Her work has been published in many blogs and magazines such as Style Me Pretty, Ruffled Blog, Click Magazine, Elegant Wedding Magazine, and Mariage Québec.