Gina Yeo teaches you how to find and use everyday light in a way that will elevate your photography and help you see and use light more effectively within your own environment. Gina shows you how to make the most out of one light source and how to add variety in feeling and mood in a single setting. Gina also breaks down how cameras see light and shares the techniques she uses to manage available light perfectly. She addresses the powerful relationship between light and mood, giving you a series of exercises which will help you discover your own preferences when it comes to light. She shares how she works with light and executes her final vision for her images, breaking down her process into simple, easy to follow steps. Finally, she shows you how to troubleshoot in a variety of lighting situations. Join Gina Yeo and fall in love with the magic that can be found in everyday light.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to observe and assess light
• How to recognize and work with quality, directions, patterns and styles of light in a way that strengthens your vision
• The important role camera technique has in managing light effectively
• The power light has in conveying mood and emotion and how to tap into that power
• Steps for assessing and managing light
• Troubleshooting tips for managing various lighting situations such as directional light, low light, dramatic light, full sun, overcast light and golden hour light
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Gina Yeo is a natural light hobbyist photographer residing in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with her husband and three children. Gina strives to capture the simple everyday moments of childhood. Gina is strongly drawn to light and shadows in her everyday environment and she loves to manipulate and use beautiful light in her imagery. When Gina is not immersed in photography she is happiest out hiking, biking or skiing a mountain, camping or reading a good book.