As a wedding and portrait photographer, Julie Paisley is known for her ability to find the perfect light. She is also committed to connecting with her clients by building relationships with them long before the shoot happens. When she combines light and relationships, magic happens! In this Breakout, Julie will show you how she finds and connects with her ideal clients, what she does to build relationships with her subjects, and how she gets them to trust her so they can relax, giving way to natural posing. Then, you’ll go behind the scenes with Julie to discover how she finds the right light to give her photographs her signature look.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to use backlight effectively
• How to improve your open shade/overcast light images
• How to find and connect with your ideal subject/client
• How to build a relationship with your subject
• How to communicate natural posing
• How to get your subjects to relax and be natural during their shoot
• How to find and use light to create emotion
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Julie Paisley is a wife to her college sweetheart and a mama to two of the coolest kiddos on the planet. She is a Hybrid (both film and digital) wedding photographer and mentor and has had the privilege of traveling the world shooting weddings and teaching workshops. Julie has been published in every major wedding blog, several national and international magazines and has been named one of the top 100 wedding photographers in the world. Known for her love of light and the ability to capture real emotion, Julie’s work can be described as “dreamy, romantic and real”.