Ashley Westphal doesn’t only use color as an expression of style, but also as an expression of feeling. In this Breakout, Ashley shares how she uses color to convey emotion and style. She’ll show how she utitlizes location, color, and wardrobe her achieve her vision, and she’ll share images and examples to illustrate each concept. You’ll learn why color is an integral part of storytelling, even in portraits, how to achieve Ashley’s signature bright, bold, fearless style, and how to make strategic color decisions on the fly to enhance an image.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How color contributes to Ashley’s style
• What role color plays in storytelling and conveying a message
• How to match locations to your subject’s wardrobe (and vice versa)
• How to train your eye to see color opportunity and challenges
• How to process images in photoshop for bright, bold, fearless color
• How to establish your own color style
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Ashley is a bright, bold, fearless dreamer who believes passionately in the dreams of girls and women alike. She believes that women are strong, and that we occasionally need to be reminded of that. Photographing high school seniors in Atlanta, GA and helping female entrepreneurs define thier businesses has become a way for Ashley to creatively express one of her great passions–helping women not be afraid to do bright, bold, fearless things in pursuit of their dreams.