In this Breakout you’ll learn a whole new way to approach newborns. Elise encourages you to embrace the environment around you, focus on connection and moments over poses and technicalities. She encourages you to submerge yourself into the art of “lifestyle” photography. Conditioning your mind and making the client feel comfortable in front of the camera are two extremely important and pertinent topics in which Elise discusses in depth. She’ll help you embrace the beauty of photographing the candid and true over the planned and posed.
Elise will go through her process from receiving a client inquiry, greeting them in their home, all the way through her work flow during a lifestyle newborn session. She’ll uncover tips and tricks to keeping the focus on connection and emotion, and hone in on capturing the environment to tell a story. She will direct you towards honest, emotive, narrative images that will captivate the viewer.
This Breakout will also include her favorite editing tips, and an inside look at the presets and gear she uses to create effective lifestyle images. As a bonus, she gives you a glimpse into lifestyle maternity photography and shares some of her favorite approaches to capturing an expecting couple.
Elise helps you find the lifestyle photographer within and encourages you to embrace it, utilize it, and never look back.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to make your clients feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera
• How to create meaningful, story-telling images that create a time capsule of connection and love for your client
• How to scout for ideal places to shoot inside your clients home
• Natural, emotive poses that take minimal direction but creates powerful moments
• How to make the best out of sessions that may not be ideal
• Photographing babies that just want to party– shooting wide-awake newborns through their fussy and squirmy moments
• What to bring to a lifestyle newborn session and what not to bring
• Conditioning your mind to “go with the flow” in any lifestyle session
• How Elise edits and what presets she loves most
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Elise Meader is a lifestyle newborn, maternity, family and wedding photographer based out of Central Massachusetts. She is the wife to a former Navy SEAL (U-S-A!), mother to two boys and one little boy on the way (shout out to the boy moms!) a reptile and dog mom, sister, daughter, & friend. She finds the beauty in the ordinary moments, seeks emotion and connection in every session she shoots, and believes in the power of capturing the art YOU want to create.