Course Begins: October 20, 2014
Are you feeling uninspired? Do you feel like your creative well has run dry? Learn to see what others miss through carefully chosen observation exercises. Designed for advanced photographers, either hobbyist or working professional, this course will increase your awareness and ability to be prepared for moments that matter. Learn effective tools that deepen your ability to creatively capture the world around you while exercising your technical ability, both at capture and in post processing.
$300/person for full participation
$150/person for study along
For more information about our policies and workshop FAQ please click here.
what we cover:
- Week One – Increasing Observation through Artist Study
- Week Two – Enhanced Observation through Movies and Music
- Week Three – Poetry and Story Narration Through Photography
- Week Four – Awareness Exercises
what you get:
- weekly lessons and assignments with preparatory exercises (multi-media PDFs)
- detailed and individualized feedback from the instructor and one TA each week
- peer interaction and feedback
what you need:
Participants should be comfortable exposing their images correctly in a variety of conditions.
Caroline Jensen is a natural light photographer specializing in emotive black and white portraiture as well as conceptual art using both film and digital cameras. Her processing is completed in Lightroom and Photoshop featuring both clean and creative processing techniques. Caroline is primarily self-taught, but she also holds a degree from New York Institute of Photography, where she learned a great deal about working with film. She lives with her husband and four kids (her favorite subjects) on their prairie farm in Southwest Minnesota. You can see her work at www.lovestandsstill.com