Course Begins: July 15, 2013
Have you ever began a session only to become flustered with posing a weird combination of subjects? ”Shooting 101: Posed for Success” is all about establishing your roots when it comes to posing a variety of subjects. This 4 week course will cover the fundamentals of posing, working with toddlers and teenagers, posing men and women and working with families and large groups. We will discuss many different types of posing situations, why they work and why they may not. At the end of every week watch a video of Lora working with her own subjects. Learn how she maneuvers in the field and jumps from one pose to the next.
$300/person for full participation
$150/person for study along
Study-along members will have access to all materials and will be able to read the forum, see others’ assignments, but will not be able to post questions, conversation, or request critique on their assignments. Full Participation students will be able to do all of the above.
Study along seats available.
For more information about our policies and workshop FAQ please click here.
what we cover:
- The fundamentals of posing.
- Working with toddlers + teenagers.
- Age appropriate posing.
- Using props to pose your subjects.
- Poses that work for men + women.
- Posing large groups.
- How to move from one pose to the next quickly and efficiently.
- Dealing with uninterested + shy toddlers.
- Making your subjects comfortable.
- four sets of thorough lessons and assignments
- detailed, personalized guidance every week
- constructive feedback from Lora and one or more teaching assistants on each week’s assignment
- opportunity for peer interaction, discussion and critique
what you need:
Lora Swinson is a natural light portrait photographer based in Denver, CO. Photography became an interest for Lora in her sophomore year in high school when she took a film and darkroom course. She has spent the last 10 years photographing everything that moves (or doesn’t!) Lora is the mother of two little boys.