Course Begins: June 10, 2013
Full Participation Sold Out, study along seats still available
This course will help photographers who are comfortable working with their cameras in manual mode learn how to see and understand natural light and then put it to use to create beautiful images with depth and dimension.
$300/person for full participation
$150/person for study along
Study-along members will have access to all materials and will be able to read the forum, see others’ assignments, but will not be able to post questions, conversation, or request critique on their assignments. Full Participation students will be able to do all of the above.
Study-along seats available.
For more information about our policies and workshop FAQ please click here.
what we cover:
- Week One: Metering, direction of light, color & quality of light
- Week Two: Types of light, window light and reflectors
- Week Three: Open shade and other structures
- Week Four: Backlighting and silhouettes
what you get:
- weekly lessons and assignments (PDFs)
- detailed, personalized guidance and critique from the instructor each week.
- opportunities for peer interaction and critique
- critique from at least one teaching assistant each week
what you need:
All students should have a solid understanding of the exposure triangle and working knowledge of shooting in manual mode. A camera, fixed aperture lens and a 5 in 1 reflector are required.