Course Begins: July 22, 2013
Let’s create a customized self-hosted, Prophoto 4 theme based WordPress site you can use either for business or personal photography journeys. You will learn how to take your own site from the plain/boring to fun and unique – from how to choose a web host and domain name to customized styling unique to your colors and branding to the power of plugins and SEO and much much more. Finally customize a photography site that YOU can be proud of rather than a straight out of the box template that you see time and time again. Check out the “Details” tab for an in-depth look at the topics covered!
$300/person for full participation
$150/person for study along
Study-along members will have access to all materials and will be able to read the forum, see others’ assignments, but will not be able to post questions, conversation, or request critique on their assignments. Full Participation students will be able to do all of the above.
Study along seats available.
For more information about our policies and workshop FAQ please click here.
what we cover:
- Domain Names
- WordPress Installation
- Current Branding Evaluation
- Basic Customizations of your site
- Statcounter Google Analytics Installation
- Advanced Customizations
- Plugins Recommendations
- Basic SEO
- Watermarks Use
- Machform Embedding Customization
- Creating Galleries Content Splash Pages
- Contact Form Installation/Customization
- Tags vs Categories
- Keywords, Description Titles
- Blog Migration (from blogger.com, typepad or move blog from different URL or another folder on your site)
- Social Networking Integration
what you get:
- weekly lessons and assignments
- detailed, personalized guidance and critique from the instructor each week.
- supplementary videos to accompany the lessons
- opportunities for peer interaction and critique
- .psd files to use on your blog
- actions to enhance your web design
what you need: All participants must either currently have or will be able to purchase a domain name, hosting and self-hosted wordpress blog and the Prophoto template, within the first week of the course. You will also need to have a logo and must have access to the internet and Photoshop.
course instructor: Courtney Keim is an on-location natural light wedding and portrait photographer based in the Southern New Jersey/Philadelphia areas. A self-proclaimed computer geek, she believes that your internet presence and marketing strategies are an integral part of your photography journey. You can further view her work at www.courtneykeim.com.