What should you bring to the Clickin Walk?
Be sure to check the following off your list:
- Your camera, whether it’s a DSLR, SLR, point and shoot, or even a cell phone.
- Whatever lenses you think might be useful. Don’t be afraid to think out of the box about lens choice! You may even want to bring lenses that you rarely use to challenge yourself a little further.
- One or more fully charged camera batteries.
- At least two memory cards.
- A comfortable bag in which to store gear that you aren’t using at the moment, while you walk.
- An outfit that you can move around in. There’s a good chance you’ll be climbing up on things and getting down really low to get the best angles.
- Water and/or snacks.
- Snacks, small games, spare camera and/or other distractions for your kids, if you’re bringing them.
When shooting, look for the unusual when you’re out: everyone in your group will photograph the city landmark but who saw the sweet old couple resting on the bench nearby? Try to look around to catch moments, details, or stories that others might miss. Also, check out this list of pertinent tutorials to help you get the most out of your walk!