Lock up your wallets because we’ve got a fun, and tempting, new series for you to get to know the CMpros a little better! What better way to learn about them than to ask them what their favorite things are, photography related or not? Next up is Crystal Samson sharing what she loves!
crystal samson’s favorite things
1. Macro – I currently own the Tokina 100mm 2.8 macro and I love it. When nothing else in the world is right, I can always take out my macro lens and find beauty in the small details. Macro forces you to look beyond the obvious and really study your subject. Small movements can make a huge impact.
2. Moxie Java – Hands down, they have the best coffee. My favorite is their Milky Way, a chocolate-y, caramel-y cup of heaven.
3. Canon 135L – My favorite lens. I love it. I shoot with it 90% of the time. The bokeh is so smooth and creamy; it’s sharp, and it’s fast.
4. Glitter – Need I say more? I don’t consider myself to be much of a girly girl but I love glitter. It makes me happy.
5. Expodisc – Since I started using the Expodisc (portrait, I like warm images), my straight out of the camera shots are almost perfect. White balance, exposure, it just helps so much! It’s also cut down on my editing time. I’m able to soft proof and let clients choose the images they love, edit them and be done! One of the best photography purchases I’ve made.
6. iPad and Shoot and Sell app. This is such a wonderful combination for showing clients what their prints/canvas’ are going to look like on THEIR walls. It comes with stock walls/rooms, or you can take a picture of your clients walls, and show them their images, to scale. It’s wonderful! The Android version is coming soon!
7. Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara – I rarely leave home without it. Again, not much of a girly girl and I don’t wear a lot of makeup, but I feel absolutely naked without mascara. Mary Kay has consistently provided great products, I always regret trying other brands.
8. Silver Earrings – Earrings add just a little bit of ‘dress up’. My favorite are just a pair of plain silver hoops I got from a Silpada party several years ago. No maintenance, they’re sturdy, and one piece, so I don’t have to worry about losing backs.
9. Caramel – Oh, what can I say about caramel? Yum. I’ve been working on finding the perfect homemade caramel recipe because when it’s good, it’s really, really good. Caramel with Sea Salt, caramel with chocolate, caramel sauce…there’s no end to the yumminess.
10. Sunsets – I could photograph sunsets (and sunrises if I got out of bed in time) every day. Growing up, I lived on a hill where we had a straight view to the horizon – no trees, no houses or buildings, just a beautiful view over the valley and the wide open setting sun. It was stunning. After moving to suburbia, one thing I miss most is being able to watch the sunset unobstructed every night. One day, I’ll have a little piece of property and a clear view to the western sky.