There are things you just expect from your gear: that your lenses will focus, that they’ll attain apertures that deliver the impact of depth of field, that they’re tack-sharp — you know, table stakes. But then there’s the intangible, the hard-to-put-your-finger-on-it “thing” – the way your equipment renders an image, the way it handles depth of field, tonality, and light – that makes a camera and lens more desirable than any other.(…)
Sponsored by Nikon
When Nikon photographer Tamara Lackey heads out on location for a family session, two lenses are almost guaranteed to be in her bag: the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G, with the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II also a frequent flier. For this shoot, Tamara knew she’d be shooting both indoors and out, and these three lenses gave her the flexibility she needed.
1. If she could use only one lens…
It would be(…)
A Peek Inside with Allison McSorley
1. Nikon D700: My one and only camera body, unless I count the D40 that I dusted off for this shot.
2. Nikon 85mm 1.4G: I don’t use this lens often but when I do, I’m never disappointed with the results. It creates images with gorgeous color and clarity SOOC.
3. Nikon 28mm 1.8G: A wide angle lens is a “must have” in my tiny city apartment.
4. Nikon 50mm 1.4G: My first, and still my favorite, lens(…)
It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today, we have one of our newest CMmentors to feature, Marissa Gifford. Marissa is an amazing photographer based out of Washington and we couldn’t be more thrilled to see a little inside her life today!
a peek inside | marissa gifford
1. Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 – This lens is my most recent acquisition and has quickly become my favorite for outdoor sessions. Families, high school seniors and(…)
It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today, we have one of our new CMmentors to feature, Allison Zercher. Allison is a brilliant California based hobbyist photographer and we couldn’t be more happy to have her on the CMteam and sharing here on the blog today!
a peek inside | allison zercher
1. Nikon 70-300mm VR – I love this lens for sneaking a picture of something from afar and shooting a portrait where(…)
It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today we have Anne Wick.
a peek inside | anne wick
1. Nikon D700 – I love this camera so much that I’ve had no desire to upgrade since I got it two years ago. I will probably use it until its last breath.
2. Nikon FM2 – My very first camera, the one that made me understand the power of connection through photography. I haven’t used it(…)
A Peek Inside with Sarah Vaugh
My bag and camera
I shoot with a Nikon D700 (and have a D200 backup that I used to take this image).
I love my Kelly Moore B-Hobo camera bag. I bought it to use as an everyday purse, so I could take my camera and a lens with me wherever I go. Perfect for a 365.
Lenses listed from left to right:
1. The best-bokeh award goes to my Nikkor 135 mm 2.0 lens.
2. The Nikkor 105(…)
A Peek Inside with Elle Walker
1. Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 – I’ve only had this lens for about a month, but it is becoming a fast favorite! I love it for it’s versatility in length when playing outdoors with busy kiddos.
2. Nikon D700 (gripped), with 50mm 1.4G – I love this combo!! After upgrading to full frame last year, I am loving the 50mm length so much more for indoor work.
3. Lensbaby Composer Pro – This lens never fails to get(…)
A Peek Inside with Sarah Wilkerson
1. shutterbag in emerald green
This is my go-to everyday camera bag in a limited edition color made just for Clickin Moms. Watch for it in the CMstore soon!
2. starbucks coffee
It’s gear. Trust me. Couldn’t start the day without it!
3. giotto’s rocket blower
With three little boys at home, seems like there’s always crumbs or dust around. This is a necessity.
4. nikon d4
This is my primary body.
5. nikkor 45mm/2.8 tilt shift
Probably my second most used lens.
It’s time for another installment of our ‘peek inside’ series and today is CMmentor Kristin Ingalls! Kristin is an incredibly talented natural light photographer who is so kind and knowledgeable. Our photography forum wouldn’t be quite the same without Kristin and we are happy to have her here today on the blog sharing a little glimpse into her world!
a peek inside | kristin ingalls
1. Ketti camera bag – I’ve always wanted a Ketti bag, and when Clickin Moms came out(…)
A Peek Inside with Emma Wood
I don’t have an enormous amount of gear, but I do use and utilize everything that I have. My office space is pretty basic, and since we’re renting at the moment, it’s not easy to make a space your own. But I have all that I need and it’s my own little corner of the house.
1. Nikon D700 with my 50mm 1.4D attached: (Instagram picture, since I don’t have a back up camera) I’m(…)
It’s time for another installment of our ‘peek inside’ series and today is CM mentor Megan Squires! Megan is an extraordinary newborn photographer and a published author. She’s incredibly talented and she’s also one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Enjoy your peek inside of Megan’s world!
a peek inside | megan squires
1. Nikon 35mm f/1.4G
2. Nikon 85mm f/1.4D
3. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G
4. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G
5. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G
6. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
7. Nikon D4 (Nikon D700 for backup)
8. My camera(…)
It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today we have Ashley Spaulding.
a peek inside | ashley spaulding
My photography gear and bag!
It took me a long time (we’re talking years!) to finally break down and buy a camera bag. I was so indecisive about exactly what I wanted that I procrastinated on buying one for a couple years. I’d look online and at other peoples’ bags but just never seemed to find what(…)