Another ‘peek inside’ is up today and this time we are featuring one of CM’s newest mentors, Megan Dill. Megan is an incredible photographer with a knack for stunning low light photography. We are thrilled to have her on the CM team and thrilled to have her here on the CMblog today!
a peek inside | megan dill
1. Canon 5D Mark III: Oh how I love its focus system and low-light capabilities. The perfect camera.
2. Mamiya c330: First medium format film camera, and I have yet to use it! Currently reading the manual…slowly…
3. Canon EOS-3: My first 35mm film camera, which is compatible with all my Canon lenses. A great
camera if you are a Canon shooter just getting into film.
4. Canon FT QL: My dad bought this 35mm film camera in Japan in 1969 while in the Navy, and I remember him using it when I was growing up. I recently got my hands on it and can’t wait to try it out.
5. Canon 35mm 1.4L: My favorite indoor lens; so sharp!
6. Canon 50mm 1.4: Great focal length, very versatile. On my second copy since I changed my mind after I sold my first one.
7. Canon 100mm 2.8L: Lovely portrait and macro lens.
8. Canon 135mm 2.0L: My favorite outdoor lens. The bokeh and creamy skin it produces is spectacular.
9. Porteen Gear bag: My first “big girl” camera bag, custom ordered on Etsy.
10. Clickin Moms Ketti camera bag: Who doesn’t love this one?
13. Extra memory card
14. Lip balm
15. iPhone 4S
17. Canon 430 EX II Speedlite that I don’t really know how to use.
18. Extra camera battery
19. Opteka remote: Inexpensive, and works great.
My desk is located against the wall shared by our living room and dining room. Since I spend so much time on the computer in the evenings, I wanted to be in the same room as my husband while doing so. He actually built the sawhorse desk for me, which I love!
Note the absence of photographs on the wall. We have lived in our current home since last June and have yet to hang some. Sigh…
20. Ergo Ergo stool: Bye bye, desk chair. This thing forces me to maintain good posture and is very comfortable. Trust me on this!
21. Dell XPS 8300 with 12GB RAM and a 1.5TB hard drive.
22. Dell U2711 Monitor
23. Birch journal from Night Owl Paper Goods
24. 16GB iPad mini
25. Western Digital 1TB external hard drive
26. Dried flowers from my mom’s funeral. It makes me happy to see these.
Megan Dill, New York
website | blog | facebook | pinterest | instagram | ask a pro
While shooting with her Canon 5d mark III and a few prime lenses, Megan prefers natural, low light to capture simple, emotive, and mysterious photographs which is reflective of her introverted personality. She got started in photography in 2007 while she was wrapping up a graduate degree prior to starting a family which now includes her husband and one son. Cooking, baking, and making her own soap are a few of the things Megan enjoys along with silliness, goat cheese, and quirky documentary films. Megan also has an undergraduate degree in Atmospheric Science and used to be employed as a meteorologist which explains her desire to go storm chasing with her camera in tow. Unfortunately, the thunderstorms where she lives in New York are not too exciting.