It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today, we have one of our new CMmentors to feature, Alicia Gould. Alicia is an incredible photographer and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. To top it off, she’s the instructor of CMU’s upcoming online newborn photography workshop! Enjoy your peek into Alicia’s world!
a peek inside | alicia gould
Gear images taken with my trusty Canon G12 pocket camera.
1. 24-70L : most versatile lens for me, used for indoor family images
2. 135L : my go to lens for outdoor sessions
3. 100mm f/2.8 macro : nature and newborns
4. 35L : every single newborn session is done with this lens
5. 85L : great lens for outdoors
6. Lensbaby : great creative lens, still experimenting!
7. Canon 5d mark III : my everyday camera
8. Canon 5d mark II : my backup camera
9. CM Ketti camera bag : I love this bag for trips with my family! It’s comfortable and perfect to double as a purse and camera bag. It’s all I used on my recent trip to Disney World. Currently houses my back up gear.
10. Epiphanie Belle camera bag : This is a great bag that holds so much gear. I’ve had it for years and it’s still in great shape. Holds my mark III, 35L, 135L, 24-70L, macro and 580 flash.
11. My iPhone… I don’t go anywhere without it, who does??
12. 580 EX II flash.
13. 430 EX II, yes I love my flash so much I have a back up!
14. Lollipops as bribes, i mean treats for kids who behave.
15. Allergy medicine, I can’t leave the house without it.
16. Memory card, 8GB minimum.
17. Batteries for my flash.
18. Lens pet that squeaks to help with toddlers!
My workspace is my dining room table. It’s in the middle of the house so I can sporadically get work done while playing with the kids and doing things around the house. I love that everything is wireless (except power) so that if we have company, I can simply move it out of the way.
19. 21.5″ iMac, recent purchase and I’m in love.
21. card reader
22. Wacom-Intuos4 Medium Tablet, I cannot live without this!.
23. Oh hi there! That’s me :)
Next to my computer on the hutch are some of my packaging stuff:
24. Discs for sessions.
25. DVDs for backing up.
26. Discs ready to ship.
27. Literature for packages: thank you cards, copyright information, digital care cards and business cards.
Alicia Gould, New Jersey
CM Mentor | CMU Instructor
website | blog | facebook | pinterest | instagram | ask a pro
Instructor of CMU’s newborn photography workshop, Alicia is a Canon photographer shooting with a 5d mark III and various lenses who resides in New Jersey with her husband, two children, and two pugs. While she’s always loved photography, she didn’t start her business until 5 years ago after the sudden passing of her father who inspired her. Specializing in newborn and children photography works perfectly for Alicia as she has been known as “the best tickler ever” and very patient. She also loves food, can’t resist a cold Pepsi or Slurpee, and goofing off with her kids. At 5’0” she is the shortest of the CMteam members.