It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today, we have new CMmentor to feature, Anne Wick. We love Anne, one of our two French team members, and her heartfelt photography. It is truly a pleasure to have her here on the CMblog today!
a peek inside | anne wick
1. Nikon D700 – I love this camera so much that I’ve had no desire to upgrade since I got it two years ago. I will probably use it until its last breath.
2. Nikon FM2 – My very first camera, the one that made me understand the power of connection through photography. I haven’t used it in a very long time… I should do that again.
3. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G – I love that I can use this lens both for macro and portraits. It needs a bit of light, but it’s extremely sharp.
4. Lensbaby Edge 80 – My latest addition. I still need a bit of practice, but after only a few tries I am already in love with it.
5. Nikon 50mm f/1.4D – My first and favorite lens. It stays on my camera 80% of the time.
6. Lensbaby Composer Pro – (this is just the optic, the other part ii attached to the Edge 80 in the picture) I love to grab my Lensbaby when I’m in a rut. Everything becomes so magical and poetic through that lens.
I work from home and this is my office. It’s not a huge space, but it’s just perfect for me. It gets plenty of light all day long and has a terrace facing southwest. Almost everything you see here was bought at Ikea, one of my favorite places to shop.
7. My issues of Click Magazine - I was so impressed with the first issue of Click, but it keeps getting better and better with every new issue! I read it as slowly as possible just to make the pleasure last longer.
8. My Imac 21.5’’ – I’ve been an Apple fan for EVER. My first computer was the Original Macintosh released in 1984. My hubby tried to introduce a PC into our house, but he lamentably failed. Haha!
9. My headphones – There’s not a day that I spend without listening to music. I got these headphones last Christmas, they’re super comfortable and provide a great sound.
10. Manual photography cheat sheet poster - I love it for its lively colors and its vintage feel.
11. Clickin Moms Ketti camera bag – I absolutely love this camera bag. It’s light, has great inside protection for my gear and it’s so stylish that I can also use it as my everyday bag.
12. An illustration from one of my favorite illustrators on Etsy
13. My favorite shades .
14. My Nat & Nin wallet – It can hold a ton of papers, cards, as well as other miscellaneous (and let’s face it, unnecessary) stuff.
15. Moo business cards – Even though I’m not in business, it’s always nice to have a card to hand out to people who would like to check out my work.
16. I’m a sucker for notebooks, and among my favorite ones are the Moleskines. I love that they come in so many different colors limited editions.
17. iPhone 4 – I’m looking forward to upgrading to the iPhone 5 for the camera specs but as long as this one is working, I’m keeping it.
Anne Wick, France
website | blog | facebook | pinterest | ask a pro
Mother of two, Anne resides in France with her husband. With her Nikon D700, 50mm, 105mm, and lensbaby in hand, she focuses on emotive and authentic portraiture which she believes “both tells the story of the subject and the photographer.” Her main subject is her daughter who Anne says, “is my muse and my daily inspiration. Photographing her always teaches me something new.” In addition to photography, Anne loves clay sculpting and enjoys espresso coffee scented candles, marshmallow bears covered with chocolate which is a French treat, the month of May, and heartfelt conversations with close friends. She is also an idealist who believes in good people and the power of kindness.