1. Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 – I’ve only had this lens for about a month, but it is becoming a fast favorite! I love it for it’s versatility in length when playing outdoors with busy kiddos.
2. Nikon D700 (gripped), with 50mm 1.4G – I love this combo!! After upgrading to full frame last year, I am loving the 50mm length so much more for indoor work.
3. Lensbaby Composer Pro – This lens never fails to get me out of a creativity slump!! I adore the mood it helps to create, and also the process of manually focusing.
4. Nikon 105 f/2.8 Macro – Another amazing lens for inspiring me out of a slump. This is one of my sharpest lenses by far, and while quite slow for something like portraiture, the results are well worth it.
5. Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 – I use this predominantly on my Nikon D90 (not pictured), for landscape, lifestyle and fine art work. I love being able to get super wide by using a crop sensor!
6. Nikon 105mm f/2 DC – The bokeh I get from this lens is AMAZING!! I don’t use it often, as I find it a little long for my style – but when I do I am always happy with the results.
7. CANON AE-1 Film Camera – This was my Pop’s camera when I was growing up – he used to have macro lessons in the garden when we visited. I’ve only shot a couple of rolls with it so far, but I hope to use it more this year.
8. 3Annies ‘Audrey Lu’ Camera Bag – I adore the space in this bag, and the colors make it a firm favorite. The external pockets are generous enough to carry all the little trinkets my kids want to bring along when we go for a walk, and the iPad pocket comes in handy, too.
9. Photo Display Board – I love how interchangeable this is, leaving me with no excuses not to print my photos! At the moment it is still being used to hold my CMer Christmas Cards 😉
10. Chalk board/Magnet board – Handy for all those little reminders and ‘to-do’ lists, or to display the kiddo’s artwork.
11. Velbon Tripod – I’ve had this tripod for a long time, and it’s never missed a beat! I keep it handy most of the time, as a reminder to try and capture more of our ‘everyday’ together.
12. Expodisc (neutral) – I received this as a Christmas gift, and so far I am loving the results! It’s super easy to clip on and use, and makes processing so much quicker!
13. 5 in 1 Reflector – I don’t use this as much as I would like to, however I plan to make a habit of taking it out more. At the moment I tend to use the black side the most, to absorb light when creating dramatic light situations indoors.
14. 15″ Macbook Pro – I’ve had this for just over two years now, and am still so so happy with it. I do all my editing on it, and really like that it can come with us whenever we go away, allowing me to put my images straight into LR no matter where we are.
15. iPhone 5 – The iPhone’s are the reason I first made the switch to Mac. Now I’m hooked! It took me a while to get used to the bigger screen of the 5, but coming from the iPhone 3 the camera and speed were hug improvements!
16. Wacom Intuos 5 Tablet (Medium) – Another Christmas gift that I’m yet to try out properly – but I’m sure once I have the time to play with it I will enjoy using it. The trackpad on the MBP is a little limiting at times!!
We have a fairly small house, so my workspace is basically a desk against a wall in the living area – where I can be a part of whatever is going on at the time.
I’ve had the little table that I use as a desk for the last ten years. It was originally purchased to serve as a kitchen bench and dining table in our first (teeny tiny) house. My Mum and Dad got it from a local second hand store, and I still love it!