Get to know your CMteam! We are so often asked what we shoot with, what’s “in our bag”, what bag we carry and so on and so forth. So we’re giving you all a little peek behind the scenes to get to know your CMteam better. A couple of times a month throughout this year and into 2013 we’ll feature a different CMteam member and give you “a peek inside” – a peek inside their bag, their workspace and a peek into their personality with five little things you may not know about them – so FUN!
The fabulous Sarah Phillips is who we are featuring today! Not only is Sarah an amazing photographer but she is also the Director of CMpro and the person responsible for bringing you all the brilliant breakout sessions that CM has to offer. Enjoy your peek into the life of Sarah Phillips!
a peek inside | sarah phillips
1. I love my Ketti Bag! This is my second one and I carry it every day, even when I don’t have my camera with me.
2. I use the Kelly Moore classic when I shoot on location. It has more compartments and is easier to get things in and out of than my Ketti.
3. I can’t believe how much time I spent cloning dust spots from the sky! The Giottos Large Rocket Air Blaster is easy to use and is great for getting rid of sensor dust!
5. I use a Gary Fong Lightsphere when I am unable to bounce my flash.
6. Love the Photovision Calibration Target for setting custom white balance and exposure.
7. The Hahnel Giga T Pro 300’ Wireless Trigger is a relatively inexpensive trigger set.
8. Using a Lens pen to clean your lens is more effective and probably safer than my former method of blowing on it and wiping it with the corner of my shirt.
9. Lens Baby
11. The Nikon 24-70 2.8 is on my camera 85% of the time. I love the versatility of this lens.
13. Cyber Syncs
14. I have two Nikon SB 800’s that I use for on and off camera flash.
15. 4 and 8 gig Sandisk memory cards are my card of choice.
16. I use rechargeable Duracel batteries in my speedlights.
17. I always have a handful of business cards on me.
Sarah Phillips, Massachusetts
Director of CMpro | Workshop Instructor
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Mentoring | Ask a Pro
Located in Boston’s North Shore, Sarah loves to spend a casual day with her husband, 3 kids and if friends are included it makes for a huge bonus. She’s always loved taking pictures but the photography bug hit big time a few years ago and the rest is history. In Sarah’s own words, she loves to “capture real moments. Spontaneous laughter, genuine smiles and even tears make my heart sing.” Motherhood is her ultimate inspiration. She states, “It doesn’t take long to realize how quickly children get big and I’m thankful that I’m able to capture the tiny details of our life. I treasure these images now and know they will only become more precious as time goes by.” Sarah also enjoys reading, running, laughter, flip flops, and red wine. Currently, she shoots with a Nikon D700, D300 and various lenses and is the instructor for the CMU workshop Lighting 101: Speedlight for Beginners.