Get to know your CMteam! We are so often asked what we shoot with, what’s “in our bag”, what bag we carry and so on and so forth. So we’re giving you all a little peek behind the scenes to get to know your CMteam better. A couple of times a month throughout this year and into 2013 we’ll feature a different CMteam member and give you “a peek inside” – a peek inside their bag, their workspace and a peek into their personality with five little things you may not know about them – so FUN!
Today, we get to learn a little more about long time CMmentor Megan Moore! Megan is a brilliant children, family, and wedding photographer but most of all, she’s an incredible friend and inspiration to all of us on the CMteam and all the members in the CM forum. Now, lets learn about Megan!
a peek inside | megan moore
1. Think Tank Airport International roller bag. I love this bag.
2. Shootsac. Used mainly at weddings now, and fits perfectly in the front sleeve of the Think Tank.
3. Kelly Moore Classic bag in gray. I use this for most of my regular sessions.
5. Top flap of the Think Tank – extra batteries, CF & SD cards, camera & flash manuals just in case.
6. Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VRII. My go-to wedding lens.
9. 50mm f1.4G
11. Olloclip for my iPhone
Not pictured (I was taking this shot with it): Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8
12. Flash grid for off-camera flash at weddings.
13. Nikon SB-800 & SB-910 flashes.
14. Nikon D700 (I have 2 of these, I used the 2nd to take these images.)
15. Cyber Sync flash transmitter & receiver for weddings.
18. Extra batteries for flashes. (Holder from Think Tank.)
19. Lens Pen
22. Battery packs for off-camera flashes at weddings.
We live in a tiny house right now, and this is all the space I can manage for my business, so I need to maximize it. This is our living room, and I have about 6 feet by 4 feet of space here. Having my “office” in the living room allows me to keep an eye on the kids and still get some work done if I need to.
24. 27″ iMac desktop. I couldn’t work without this thing.
26. Kingston card reader.
Note the sleeping baby on the baby monitor. I do most of my work at nap time & at night when the kids are asleep.
27. I keep my camera on this shelf for daily easy access. The lenses rotate out depending on my mood (they live in the Think Tank roller bag when not on this shelf). Currently I have the 85 1.8 and 24-70 f2.8 on the self. Along with my stash of Sharpies – important to keep those out of toddler reach!
29. Various business items – DVDs for backing up, polaroid film, printed portfolio images, magazines (Rangefinder & Professional Photographer), packaging supplies, Rocket Blower, previous years’ client contracts & model releases, etc.
30. Current client contracts & model releases, receipts, camera manual, membership literature. White storage supplies from The Container Store.
31. Business cards for easy access.
Megan, thank you for letting us see into your bags and workspace and we loved getting to know you a little better!
Megan Moore, Massachusetts
Website | Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Mentoring | Ask a Pro
Growing up Megan was always the girl with the camera and her obsession with photography kicked into overdrive as she photographed the beauty of Hawaii while on her honeymoon. However, it wasn’t until her daughters birth, and subsequent month long stay in the NICU, that Megan realized how important photography and capturing life’s fleeting moments are. When she’s not spending time at home with her husband, daughter and baby boy, she enjoys having a “girl’s day” filled with “spa appointments, shopping, good food and quiet time.” A quick glimpse in Megan’s camera bag will reveal a Nikon D700, several Nikkor lenses and a Lensbaby Composer Pro.