Get to know your CMteam! We are so often asked what we shoot with, what’s “in our bag”, what bag we carry and so on and so forth. So we’re giving you all a little peek behind the scenes to get to know your CMteam better. A couple of times a month throughout this year and into 2013 we’ll feature a different CMteam member and give you “a peek inside” – a peek inside their bag, their workspace and a peek into their personality with five little things you may not know about them – so FUN!
This week you get the change to learn a little more about the fabulous Megan Cieloha. Megan is well known for her beautiful photography and her incredibly way of working with natural light. Not only is she the insructor for the popular natural light photography workshop Lighting 201: Mastering Natural Light Indoors but she is also Clickin Moms‘ Director of CMuniversity. Although we all know her very well, I bet if you keep reading you’ll learn something new about her!
a peek inside | megan cieloha
1. Nikon D700 – I shoot with a Nikon D700 and really love this camera. It performs wonderfully in every situation I have used it in and I do not feel the need to upgrade. (Ok, maybe the D4 tempts me every now and again.)
2. Opteka Wrist Strap – I do not like to wear my camera around my neck. It feels cumbersome and clunky to me. So, I leave this wrist strap on my camera and slip my hand in when I feel like I need a little extra security.
The miscellaneous stuff I tote around with me:
8. iPhone 4s
11. Lens Pen
12. Some kind of chapstick
LowePro Backpack: I struggled for a long time, trying to find the perfect, cute camera bag, but I just have not found it yet. When I need to take all of my gear with me, I pack it all in this backpack and really like that I can fasten the hip-belt to take a little of the strain off of my back. The computer slot fits a 17” laptop, which is a must for me.
Clik Capsule: If I am headed out for the day and only want to take my camera body plus one or two lenses, I will grab this bag insert and put everything into a normal handbag. It zips closed, which is nice for the times when I want to toss it in the basket underneath the stroller and not worry about anything falling out.
I currently work on a 17” Macbook Pro at a desk in my family room, which is an open concept attached to the kitchen. I love that I can be on the computer at the desk and still in the middle of the daily action.
5 things about me:
1. My hair is very thick. Seriously thick. I think every single hair stylist I have ever been to said that I won for “most hair they had ever seen on one head.” I am ready for my prize now. Curtsy.
2. After driving a minivan my senior year of high school and through the first year of college I vowed that I would never drive a minivan again. I now drive a minivan.
3. My oldest kiddo can recite my usual Starbucks order “Grande Iced Caramel Latte” but lately I have been changing it up and ordering Iced Vanilla Lattes or Raspberry Passion Tea Lemonades. Gotta keep him on his toes.
4. I could probably live off of Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream and red velvet cake. I might not be extremely healthy, but I would be happy.
5. My bedroom was very pink growing up. Pink wallpaper, pink carpet, pink bedspread (kind of a dusty pink) and for years after moving out I was sure that pink was my least favorite color. Apparently I was just oversaturated with pink, though, as I now love it again.
Thank you Megan for sharing with us! It is always great to get to know you even better!
Megan Cieloha, California
Director of CMuniversity | Workshop Instructor
Website | Blog | Pinterest | Instagram | Mentoring | Ask a Pro
Currently located in Lincoln, California with her Air Force pilot husband and two sons, Megan uses her Nikon d700 and various lenses to capture soft, clean, lifestyle photography. When asked about her lifestyle approach she says, “I love to watch my kiddos learn new things and explore the world. I think that my enjoyment in quietly observing them has had a huge influence on the way I see through the lens and ultimately capture the scene in front of me.” Although her past includes spending time in ballet classes and showing Arabian horses, her present consists of being outdoors with her family, Moroccan oil, caramel decaf lattes, an immersion blender, and snack traps. Megan is the instructor for Lighting 201: Mastering Natural Light Indoors.