It’s time for another installment of one of our favorite blog series, a peek inside. Today, we have one of our newest Mentors to feature, Heather Lazark.
a peek inside | heather lazark
Well hello! In this peek, I will not be bedazzling you with impressive amounts of equipment or fancy accessories, but I am going to share my simple set up and the photography related items that I treasure dearly.
1. First up is my beloved third hand Canon 5D classic. I think this camera is incredible and when it’s days are through I will probably replace it with another of its liking. It’s my one and only dSLR camera and that is exactly why the image above is from my iPhone 4.
3. The Canon 50mm f/1.4 had me from hello. This lens has been my tried and true since photography and I met. Did I say I love it? That is definitely not a secret.
4. Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8: I recently added this to my collection and it has opened up a new world of diversity to my work. The two lenses together meet all my current photography needs.
5. This basic Canon camera bag was given to me when I purchased my camera. I have wanted a Ketti bag for years, but honestly it would just sit pretty in my house or car (which I do not mind one single bit). I don’t usually carry my bag when I’m shooting. I like to be hands free if I can and load up my pockets with back up batteries, an extra memory card, and my car keys. If I do take my bag with me, it ends up in dirt and thorny weeds and no place a pretty bag should go. That’s why this plain old bag suits me perfectly.
6. Cowboy Studio wireless remote: I have captured so many treasured family memories using this trigger. I think everyone should have one and use it regularly.
7. My name tag from my the very first annual Clickin Walk. I can’t seem to part with it. I keep it tucked away in my bag.
8, Sandisk Ultra: I own a 16, 8, and a 4GB.
9. I never leave the house without cherry Chapstick. It’s a staple for me.
11. Ollocip: This was handed down to me by one of my very generous and kind CM pals.
12. iPhone 4
This is my workspace. It overlooks the kitchen and living area where I can keep an eye on all the monkey business that takes place. It’s nothing fancy but it’s comfy and feels like home.
13. Matryoshka Photographer coffee mugs: I have all four.
This is the kitchen area I oversee from my workspace shown above.
15. Monkey # 1
16. Monkey # 2, not pictured
17. Innocent bystander
5 things about Heather
- I count my blessings every single day.
- Motherhood is the greatest joy of my life and it makes me enjoy those quiet peaceful moments alone that much more.
- I almost always have fresh flowers in the middle of my kitchen table. They make me happy.
- Although I seem to always have a load of laundry running, I think I may have the world’s largest laundry pile ever.
- I love to sing and dance even though I’m not great at either. Usually I don’t care. We pretty much live in a musical around our house. Some days I feel like half our conversations include the verse from a song. If we were in person right now I would likely burst out into a very Frozen inspired, “Okay bye……”.
Heather Lazark, California
website | facebook | instagram | mentoring | ask a pro
Lover of light and of all things creative, Heather’s photographic inspiration began just before the birth of her oldest of two adorable – yet feisty – daughters. While photography began for the California native as a means of capturing precious family moments, it quickly blossomed into an intensely creative gateway to her soul. As a full-time mom and a part-time career woman, she is often compelled to stay up past midnight in order to squeeze in her photography time. Aside from capturing treasured moments with her Canon 5D, she enjoys Crossfit, country music, paleo eating, personal growth, belly-laughing and spending quality time with her family.