Get to know your CMteam! We are so often asked what we shoot with, what’s “in our bag”, what bag we carry and so on and so forth. So we’re giving you all a little peek behind the scenes to get to know your CMteam better. A couple of times a month throughout this year and into 2013 we’ll feature a different CMteam member and give you “a peek inside” – a peek inside their bag, their workspace and a peek into their personality with five little things you may not know about them – so FUN!
This week we get to learn a little more about the fabulous Amy Lucy Lockheart! Even if you’ve only been on the CM forum for a day you already know that Amy is not only incredibly sweet but also insanely talented. She’s a longtime member and we were so thrilled to bring her on to the CMteam as a CMmentor in April. Now, lets see what Amy has to show us!
a peek inside | amy lucy lockheart
3. Nikon D4
1. Impact 24 inch 5-in-1 reflector
I use a reflector a lot and so I always carry the smaller one in bag just in case I forget to bring the big one.
1. Fabric covered box from Paper Source for storing paper samples, cards, and business cards
3. Expodisc for setting custom white balance
4. Lens cleaning solution and cloth
5. Pouch for holding extra CF and XQD cards
6. Hand sanitizer – I like to keep my hands from of germs, especially when working with children
7. Extra lens caps – I have a tendency to misplace lens caps, so I carry extras with me just in case
8. Apple iPad 3
9. Extra Eneloop batteries for my speedlight
1. Headbands, bobby pins, and hair bands
2. Water bottle
4. Insect repellant
5. Small first aid kit
7. Softlips lip balm
9. Movie director prop – sometimes this helps gets the bigger kids excited and involved
10. Variety of small toys for keeping little ones happy and getting their attention
1. A place for my dozens of photography books
2. Dell Ultrasharp 24-inch monitor
3. A place for all my packaging supplies
This modest office space may leave much to be desired, but it has worked for me for the last couple years. We actually have an empty room waiting for me to set up my office, but I chose to put my computer at a built-in hall desk because it is right outside the kids’ bedroom doors. When they were younger, I could put them down for their naps and be right there with them. I have always preferred to be near my children whenever possible, so the hall desk has worked well. It’s just enough room for my computer, files, packaging supplies, and all my photography books.
Amy, thank you so much for sharing with us! It’s such a pleasure to get to know you better!
Amy Lucy Lockheart, Minnesota
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Ask a Pro
Residing in Minnesota with her husband and three children, Amy has “always had an appreciation and interest in photography, but my beautiful children inspired me to pursue photography and for that I am so grateful.” Shooting with a Nikon D4 and varying prime lenses her “first priority is capturing the fleeting moments of childhood. I love photographing my own children and showing them how much I love them through the images I create. I also enjoy capturing the connections between family members as they interact in unique locations. I want my clients to look at their images and be overcome by the love their family shares.” Exploring and picnicking in a state park with her family or searching for vintage treasures at estate sales, flea markets, and antique shows is how she likes to spend her day off but she also enjoys sewing, volleyball, gardening, volunteering, roasted red pepper hummus, a good book, compassionate people, and watermelon.